Dear mummy, it’s not everyday you get invited to party with Dizzee Rascal, Everything Everything, ShyFX and Dub Pistols but over the first weekend in July we did just that! We were invited to Blissfileds to review the event from … Continue reading
Blissfields Festival Review 2015 Dear mummy, it’s taken me nearly a week to get over Blissfields Festival. The whole family is knackered but we had such a good time we just had to share it with you. This is our family … Continue reading
Talking to the ‘real’ angels of Blissfields Festival.
We’re looking forward to going to Blissfields in July. A quirky music festival held in Hampshire which attracts festival goers, adventure seekers and music lovers from all over the country.
We caught up with one of the ‘Blissed Out’ Angels called Sam, the head poncho of the children’s area called Angel Gardens, to ask a couple of questions about how kids are catered for at Blissfields festival.
1) How long have you been a ‘Blissed Out’ Angel for?
I have been at blissfields for 6 years and I have loved every minute!
2) What activities do you have lined up for children at Blissfields this year?
Blimey.. we have tons, we split the gardens into sections so we have GeeGee’s li’l Angels arts tents where younger children can get messy creating all sorts of brilliant art work and playing with the toys and crazy activities.
The Tweens area is for kids who are a bit older and want to do things a bit more in-depth, they can make bath bombs, learn hair styling, make sock animals and other fab stuff like Dj-ing and song writing.
The Teens have a space for themselves to chill out and relax with tons of stuff to do.
The garden area hosts a sports day and other daft games and finally the cabaret tent has everything from a talents show to circus skills, drumming and story telling.
That is just the tip of the iceberg.. there is so much to choose from.
3) What sort of arts & crafts can we expect this year?
We are making masks, toys, puppets and so much more.. honestly the list is far too huge.
4) What fun things are there for babies to do?
Our baby care area has everything you need to get through the day, like changing areas, feeding spaces and even a sleeping area. We have activities too, like music, dance and baby yoga. The tent is lovely.. lots of toys and equipment to make baby festival life fun! Watch out for the night-time bath-time area!! Bedtime hour and singing to get your little ones ready to settle down for the night.
5) I may only be a toddler but I’m interested in the Activist Kidz Club and would love to hold a protest and make a banner! What kind of protests do you expect the kids to get involved with? Kids Against Sprouts (KES)? End Animal Cruelty?
Haha! Well you are welcome to join us on our protest. We can’t tell you what you will be protesting about as the children decide themselves.. we did have ‘more chocolate for kids’ and ‘ kids to stay awake till midnight’ in the past…but we have a very fair democratic vote! We make banners, with songs and chants and go on a protest march around the site!
6) My daddy is really looking forward to entering the Embarrassing Dads Dancing Competition. What kinda moves are you looking for from daddies entering the competition?
Our DJ is very good at playing tunes that Dad’s just can’t ignore.. if the Time Warp or YMCA doesn’t get them going.. we have the Rocky theme tune as ammunition!
7) What surprises do you have in store for us kids in the big tent?
The Cabaret tent hosts science shows, talent shows, princess parties, drumming and surprises too.. we may just have a very special Ice Princess joining us and some ‘Frozen’ crafts.
8) I can’t wait to get my boogie on at the kids discos, what sort of cheesy club bangers can I expect from your resident DJ?
We theme our discos every night.. you will have to come to see… it could be a Pirate and Princess disco or a Benidorm Cheese night… but it could just as easily be Christmas and New Years eve!
9) My daddy is über competitive so can’t wait till Sports Day…what kinda games will we be playing?
Just what you’d expect.. sack racing, egg and spoon, space hopper racing and a few silly surprises.
10) Please pick 3 words to describe the Angel Gardens kids area of Blissfields?
Beautiful, Blissful and Brilliant (with wings on)
Thanks Sam for answering my questions!
Day Tickets are still available for Blissfields Festival on the 3rd and 4th of July. It looks to be such a fun event why not pop down and enjoy the activities.
Love Bella x