Dear Mummy, every year we make our pilgrimage to see the beautiful flowers at Exbury Gardens. We try to attend when the Azaleas are out and they never fail to take our breath away. The gardens are world-famous and attract visitors … Continue reading
Happy Easter everyone! Hope you all have a great weekend x If you like these photos please pop over to our Instagram feed @dear_mummy to see more piccys and share the love 🙂 Love Bella x
Dear mummy, this time last year we visited Exbury Gardens. We had such a great time we decided to visit again and see all the beautiful flowers. Easter has come around early this year by a couple of weeks, so … Continue reading
Our Easter weekend in photos!
Dear mummy, phew! What another hectic weekend! We like being busy even in the mixed weather.
Over the Easter weekend we visited #EatStreet at Basingstoke’s Festival Place Shopping Centre. Here we picked up some last-minute chocolate from Hotel Chocolate, enjoyed free food tasting from Costa and Nado’s and watched the talented multi Michelin Star chef Jean-Christophe Novelli put on a live cooking demo. The weather was horrible and it was a lovely way of spending a rainy afternoon out of the house.
On Saturday we visited Exbury Gardens, in the New Forest. We were supposed to be visiting on Good Friday but chose the better day to visit.
However it was very windy and overcast, still it didn’t dampen our spirits as we ran through the daffodil fields and saw the beautiful flowers!
I chickened out of the steam train ride to see the Easter Bunny as I got scared of the bunny man (more like boogie man!) I get frightened really easily of large mascots and characters.
On Easter Sunday, we braved the weather and went to Highclere Castle (where they film Downton Abbey) to join the Lady of the manor on an Easter Egg Hunt in aid of Naomi House and Jacksplace. We had a great time at the Easter Fair.
Bank Holiday Monday was a more quiet affair as we saw my Grandparents down in Hayling Island and spend the day by the seaside. We weren’t brave enough to go skinny dipping though!! We hope you had a great Easter weekend too.
Love Bella x
Top Ten Places in Hampshire this Easter!
Dear mummy, here’s a little list I compiled of places to go and things to do in Hampshire this Easter! Easter is a lovely time in this neck of the woods and we love visiting gardens and farms in Spring. Here’s our top ten attractions.
- Exbury Gardens, Southampton – Explore the Rhododendrons and jump on the steam train to see the Easter Bunny. We visited last year and had a great time!
- Visit Marwell Wildlife, Southampton – To join in with the Easter Park Trail in the Zoo!
- Build Lego at Bricks in Motion at Milestones Museum, Basingstoke – Watch the master builders create stunning displays out of Lego. We went last year to Lego Lost World and had a fab time.
- See the spring lambs at Manydown Farm, Basingstoke – It’s lambing season along with Easter crafts and activities. We went last year and I made an Easter Egg card for my mummy!
- Visit The National Trust at Mottisfont, Romsey and go to the Easter Bunny Ball and join in with the Easter Egg hunt.
- Visit Wellington Country Park, on the Hampshire border of Basingstoke/Reading and join in with one if their themed days over the Easter break! We’re looking forward to visiting the Circus!
- See the pretty flowers at Sir Harold Hilliers Garden, Romsey.
- Visit The Vyne and join in with their Cadbury Easter Egg trail.
- Finkley Down Farm, Andover – Pop down to the farm come rain or shine and see the little chicks and lambs!
- Pop into Basingstoke Town and enjoy the events Festival Place have put on – Eat Street will be bringing live cooking demonstrations, entertainment and prizes. Also at the Top of Town in Basingstoke there will be Easter activities and entertainment too!
We hope you like our little list on activities over the Easter Break in Hampshire. Hopefully you can join in the fun! Let us know where you visit if you are local 🙂
Love Bella x
Dear mummy, we’re on our way to Southampton today! It’s a bright and sunny Good Friday (which makes a change for an Easter Bank Holiday) everyone is in cars heading to the South. We catch a little bit of traffic … Continue reading
Dear mummy, I’ve linked up with makedoandpush for her weekly #TWTWC linky. It’s been a slightly less crazy week. My mummy’s been a bit sick (silly vomiting bug) and I’ve had a dreadful cold and been pukey too. Nonetheless … Continue reading