Here we come! New York, New York!
Start spreading the news we’re leaving today….well my folks are! They are visiting the States and leaving me behind in gloomy England while they celebrate my Daddy’s 40th and their wedding anniversary in the Big Apple.
I’m staying at home with my Grandparents and while I’m tucked up in my own bed they will be enjoying the bright lights of Broadway and discovering the wonders of Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
They’ve chosen the busiest time to go, over Thanksgiving and Black Friday, near enough to Christmas that they can enjoy all the Christmas window displays and fully immersed themselves in the big city festive atmosphere as it gears up to the big day.
Here’s what my folks will be getting up to while they are away
1) Seeing the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
2) Visiting Central Park & The Plaza
3) Visiting the National History Museam
4) Visiting Columbus Circle & the Discovery Centre for the Star Wars Costume exhibition
5) Elbow shoving at the Macy’s Sale
6) Enjoying the bright lights in Times Square
7) Shopping in the Black Friday Sales (Toys R Us and Disney better watch out!)
8) Standing still at Grand Central Station
9) Finding the ghost from Ghostbusters at the Public Library
10) Swooning at the Chrysler Building And Empire State Building
11) Enjoying a singing meal at Ellen’s Diner
12) Being amazed with the spectacular views at the Top of the Rock
13) Getting a hot ticket for the Radio City Christmas Spectacular
15) Enjoying the views from their super modern hotel called Yotel
16) Heading down to Lower Manhattan and paying their respects at the 9/11 Memorial
17) Jumping on a Helicopter Tour of Mahattan
18) Flying over the Statue of Liberty and Brooklyn Bridge
Phew! That’s a lot of attractions to cram in! It’s going to be a crazy 5 days but they’re going to love it!
Have you ever been to New York, any posts or tips you’d like to share? Then please comment and let us know! We’d love to read them!
Love Bella and her folks x