1) It’s a foodie paradise: Jimmy is Jamie Oliver’s best mate and a celebrity farmer and nature enthusiast. He’s best known for Channel 4’s program ‘food unwrapped’. The event is happening on his farm in Suffolk. With some great food stands and cooking demonstrations on offer it’s a real foodie festival! Mix that with live music and children’s activities it’s a recipe for success! There are sausage making workshops, sausage eating competitions and brilliant cooking demonstrations.
2) Entertainment: Justin Fletcher is going to be there! If you don’t know who he is then you need to head over to CBeebies and watch Justin’s House and Mr Tumble! Along with Mr Bloom and Dick ‘n’ Dom it’s set to be a fantastic line-up for kids this year.
3) The Farm: It’s a beautiful family friendly festival set in the heart of the Suffolk countryside. On Jimmy’s farm there is access to rolling countryside, woods and farm animals. It’s going to be a great experience for young children coming out of the city to attend. We’re looking forward to pond dipping and learning more about the animals.
4) The Beer: Strictly for the adults 😉 Jimmy’s Farm Festival is a great way for adults to kick back and relax while their children play in a safe environment. We are looking forward to browsing the food & beer market stalls and to sample some fresh produce. My mummy is looking forward to visiting the Fentiman’s Botanical Bar, as she can’t drink she’ll be enjoying their fizzy concoctions.
5) Getting back to nature: With storytelling in the woods, poetry workshops and woodland crafts, Wonderwood will be a magical haven of art and imagination all put together by Amy Wragg of Get on the Soapbox. We’re looking forward to learning all about grains with The Country Trust and becoming Nature Detectives with The Woodland Trust.
6) Listening to some great bands: Scounting For Girls, KT Tunstall, Matt Cardle, Chas & Dave and some local bands are performing. My mummy can’t wait to chill in the field on hay bales listening to some great music. BBC Introducing will be bringing along a couple of truly great acts to open up the music on the Main Stage too. The Garden acoustic stage sounds cool set in a vegetable patch!
7) It’s a weekend event: With day tickets for Saturday and Sunday selling out fast we opted to camp on the farm so we are close to the action and my folks can casually stroll back to their tents when the parties over. Their bellies full of beer, cider and warm food. Sounds like bliss.
8) The Aspall Kitchen: There is a fantastic array of culinary talent at this food festival including Joe Hurd, host of ITV’s prime-time Saturday morning show The Munch Box. Youngest ever baker on The Great British Bake Off Martha Collison and five star baker extraordinaire Richard Burr. Chef and TV presenter Rachel Green and MasterChef professionals winner Steve Groves will also be giving cooking demonstrations.
9) Kids Zone: Children are well catered for with an adventure playground, craft camp, giant sandpit, story telling in the woods and farm activities. We’re really looking forward to seeing the Flying Seagulls with their beautiful gypsy show wagon giving performances all day. This year there is also a Happy Circus in the big top, however is it extra and needs to be pre-booked. The wonderful Up All Hours will be at Jimmy’s Festival providing a safe haven for feeding and changing little ones, they are also running a Kids Cafe providing baby food to toddler food & a chill-out area for kids (& parents).
10) Making memories with friends: There is a big group of us going to Jimmy’s Farm Sausage and Beer Festival this year. We’re all looking forward to kicking back in the camping area, enjoying a beer and a good chat. There’s even a bar in the camping area and entertainment on Friday evening! I’m going to enjoy running around with my friends and playing with our festival carts!
Love Bella x
Jimmy’s Farm Sausage and Beer Festival is this weekend (22nd & 23rd July 2017) rumour has it that there are still some tickets left, so be quick if you’d like to join us! www.jimmysfestival.co.uk