Dear Mummy, it’s not every day that you meet someone you idolise. I’ve grown up with Disney’s Frozen. I sing all the songs and know the story inside out. All day I’m constantly singing “Let it goooooooooooo”. In the early days I demanded to … Continue reading
We’ve just heard of some special ‘spooky’ events coming up in Hampshire and wanted to share them with you. We’re massive fans of Halloween so love participating in pumpkin carving, apple bobbing and dressing up. These are the places we will … Continue reading
Our whirlwind week in photos!
Dear Mummy, phew! Its been a whirlwind of a week. One minute we’re inside the house the next we’re out. About as changeable as the weather! This time of year is always confusing, one minute its blazing hot the next it’s chucking it down. So here’s our week in pictures.
My folks took me to see Room on the Broom at the Haymarket Theatre in Basingstoke. It was the first time I’d ever been to the theatre and sat through the whole performance of my favourite book! I sat on a booster seat enjoying my strawberry milk and raisins and had a whale of a time watching Tall Stories perform their version of the book.
It lasted just over an hour and we sat in Row F next to the aisle which was prime positioning for a toddler and my mummy felt happy as we could make a quick getaway if we needed too. Not that we did. We loved the performance so much that we’re looking to book another theatre visit soon.
We visited an emergency services day and I got to ride in all the police cars and see the fire engines. We watched demonstrations and sat in our picnic blanket and soaked up the sunshine.
I also hung out with my little friends, who we met through my mummy’s NCT class. We had a picnic and feasted on chocolate covered strawberries. Yum!
We visited the local farm and saw some super heroes at Finkley Down, Andover.
So as you can see a really fun-filled and varied week! Perfect for a mad little toddler 😉
What did everyone else get up too?
Love Bella x
Our weekend in pictures!
Woweee! It’s been a blustery one Mummy!
On Sunday we braved the weather and headed off to Finkley Down Farm in Andover. We saw the little chicks and baby lambs and I held a baby rabbit that was only 5 weeks old!
I jumped in puddles and rode a tractor in the drizzly rain. We had the best roast dinner at the farm too!
I did a lot of crafting and painting too which was good and I enjoyed painting my hands and printing them onto the paper.
We hope the weather is better for Easter Weekend as we have a lot planned outdoors!
See you all next week 🙂
Love Bella x
Top Ten Places in Hampshire this Easter!
Dear mummy, here’s a little list I compiled of places to go and things to do in Hampshire this Easter! Easter is a lovely time in this neck of the woods and we love visiting gardens and farms in Spring. Here’s our top ten attractions.
- Exbury Gardens, Southampton – Explore the Rhododendrons and jump on the steam train to see the Easter Bunny. We visited last year and had a great time!
- Visit Marwell Wildlife, Southampton – To join in with the Easter Park Trail in the Zoo!
- Build Lego at Bricks in Motion at Milestones Museum, Basingstoke – Watch the master builders create stunning displays out of Lego. We went last year to Lego Lost World and had a fab time.
- See the spring lambs at Manydown Farm, Basingstoke – It’s lambing season along with Easter crafts and activities. We went last year and I made an Easter Egg card for my mummy!
- Visit The National Trust at Mottisfont, Romsey and go to the Easter Bunny Ball and join in with the Easter Egg hunt.
- Visit Wellington Country Park, on the Hampshire border of Basingstoke/Reading and join in with one if their themed days over the Easter break! We’re looking forward to visiting the Circus!
- See the pretty flowers at Sir Harold Hilliers Garden, Romsey.
- Visit The Vyne and join in with their Cadbury Easter Egg trail.
- Finkley Down Farm, Andover – Pop down to the farm come rain or shine and see the little chicks and lambs!
- Pop into Basingstoke Town and enjoy the events Festival Place have put on – Eat Street will be bringing live cooking demonstrations, entertainment and prizes. Also at the Top of Town in Basingstoke there will be Easter activities and entertainment too!
We hope you like our little list on activities over the Easter Break in Hampshire. Hopefully you can join in the fun! Let us know where you visit if you are local 🙂
Love Bella x
Finkley Down Farm in the rain
This is the second time we’ve visited Finkley Down Farm. The first time we spent the whole day exploring it in the hot sunshine. So today made a change….it’s raining.
There are 5 separated areas and we spend most of our time in the baby and toddler areas, building bricks and running around on slides and playing with the sensory toys.
The perfect thing about it is that mummy and daddy could enjoy a cuppa while I played.
The soft play centre was immaculate, so clean and very well looked after compared to some of the centres I’ve been too. The cafe was reasonably priced and had a great selection of food.
There was more than enough seating available. The toilets were cleaned regularly and staff were mopping up muddy footprints.
I got taken into the larger kids play area with my God Daddy and his son and we played on the slides and climbed. This was all before we’d even seen any animals!
The entrance fee is £8.95 for an adult (free for me), so pretty steep, but on a good day there is a wealth of outdoor activities taking place like sheep racing, an animal petting area, pony rides and a huge adventure playground (this justifies the cost). On a rainy day though we explored the indoors and spend over an hour playing in the soft play areas then visited some animals for a couple of hours.
We saw the tortoises, snakes and spiders (much to my God Daddy’s dismay) the ducks and the rabbits and even saw giant pigs. It was a great opportunity to get out of the house and I loved playing in all the puddles and holding the umbrella. On a rainy day you wouldn’t automatically think about taking a child to the farm, but it was nice and quiet which meant no queues and we could get up close to the animals and I practically had the whole soft play center to myself!
We are now seriously considering a yearly membership to Finkley Down Farm in Andover. This place is great in all weather! For more information visit www.finkleydownfarm.co.uk
Dear Mummy, May the Fourth be with you! We should be doing something Star Wars related but mummy has organised a trip to Finkley Down Farm in Andover with our NCT friends and their babies. I can’t wait to see … Continue reading