Ten signs you’re turning into a blogging monster…RAHHHH
1) Every moment has to be captured and recorded. Everything is a blog post waiting to happen.
2) Sometimes you over-share with the world. What a dirty word ‘over-sharing’.
3) You have more friends online than in real life and can talk more openly with them.
4) Your non-blogging friends ‘just don’t get it’.
5) You always have a camera on you! Just incase!
6) You love #Twitter parties, competitions, RT’ing interesting stuff and getting occasional freebies.
7) You get fixated on the numbers, whether it be your @Tots100 ranking, BiBs nominations or blog stats.
8) You’re devastated when you can’t attend a blogging event and feel you’re missing out.
9) You sometimes need to pull the car over just to mind-dump your ideas for posts on your tablet. Or wake up at night to write in your journal. You have more than 10 drafts on the go.
10) You compare yourself to other blogs and get disheartened easily.
Next week, I’m going to tell my mummy how to stop becoming a blog monster and help her addiction 🙂
Does any of this ring true for you guys?
Lots of love Bella x
18 thoughts on “Are you a blogging monster?”
hahaha! Fab post….I can relate to a few of those
Sadly it all rings true. Especially the obsession with my stats- why can’t I just stop looking! I NEED next weeks post!
Stats are the devils work! 😉 trying to ignore them but it’s hard with notifications all the time! x
Uh huh yep, looking forward to the next post on how to break the addiction!!
Yep I think I am!! Is there a blogging monster’s anonymous?!! Help! Jess x #thelist
We should start a BMA group! 😉
Great post – I try not to get caught up on all of these.I’m guilty of taking loads of photos just in case but I don’t really have time to worry about the other stuff #PoCoLo
Once you get started it can definitely be addicting! Plus it seems to really grow your blog and online presence you need to put in a lot of time. Good thing it is fun 😉
Yeah it is good fun…I think as soon as it becomes a chore it’s time to stop for us! 😉
I began reading this with a little trepidation as I thought I was going to tick every box. Thankfully I’m not a blogging monster! My one thing is the camera – I do take it everywhere and do take a lot of snaps, but this is largely for my own interest and pleasure. I share a lot of my photos on my blog, but not too many in isolation on my social media. I (thankfully) couldn’t give a toss about my Tots ranking, because it is falling at a consistent and awful rate each month.
So I’m breathing a huge sigh of relief! Hehe – and no judgement on the blogging monsters out there – I actually do get it! xx
Fab post. I can relate to quite a few of these
Haha, my husband actually came into the kitchen yesterday and said, “is there no meal we eat that you don’t photograph now” guilty as charged!
Ha these are all so true! I don’t do the whole over-sharing thing but I do constantly try and find a way to blog about everything we do! I’m also definitely more likely to talk about real things with online friends. #saddo
Yes, I’m a complete blogging monster. But I love it 🙂 #pocolo
🙂 my mummy is too! She secretly loves it…I can tell 😉
I used to relate to all of these! Now, not so much. I think once you find your find your rhythm in the blogging world you let some of these feelings go. A brilliant post. Thank you for linking to #PoCoLo x
I hope so…..we’re still fairly new to blogging (well I am a baby after all!) I’m sure we will find our blogging pace and rhythm x Thanks for hosting #pocolo
I think I may be at least half way there if not more!! ha! Great post, thanks for linking up to #Thelist xx