Dear Mummy, I start BIG school in September and am very excited. There are three reception year classrooms at my new school and I’m in the Ladybird Room. My school uniform is also red so we’ve been looking for ladybird accessories and toys to get ourselves into the mood for starting school.
I’ve always been attracted to the ladybird print of red with black spots and it very striking. Here’s our top Ladybird picks from the high street and I’m totally in love with the mini ladybird sheepskin boots from Emu and ladybird hair clips from Lottie Nottie. Sadly I won’t be able to wear the boots to school however I can wear ladybird wellies in the playground!
What’s your favourite ladybird item from the selection below?
This weekend we had the pleasure of visiting Blissfields Festival in Hampshire. One of our favourite music festivals. It also has a fab kids area called Angel Gardens. It was great finally having my mummy join me after her recent … Continue reading →
Dear mummy, we’re always on the lookout for new and usual toys and this week we were send some Glimmies™ to review. We’ve never heard of Glimmies before and they are small fairy folk. I believe in fairies and being only … Continue reading →
Dear Mummy, I may only be at nursery at the moment but I know you enjoy making pack lunches for our days out. BritMums (a parenting network) have challenged bloggers to take part in the #FloraLunchbox Challenge in an effort to spread … Continue reading →
My mummy doesn’t drink wine….is there something wrong with her? Not a day goes by without my mummy’s Facebook feed filling with memes and doodles relating to parenting. Mums drinking wine as a coping mechanism or a fun activity to … Continue reading →
Dear mummy, we’re eager to see the new Finding Dory film from Disney Pixar. My folks are massive Finding Nemo fans and have watched it over and over again since it was first released. Finding Nemo won the 2003 Academy Award for Best Animated … Continue reading →
Dear Mummy, the summer holidays are almost upon us and while teachers breath a sign of relief some parents up and down the country are dreading the six weeks over the school break. How do some folks cope with six weeks … Continue reading →
Dear Mummy, emotions always run high during the Festive period. All the pressure and expectation of putting on a great Christmas can leave you feeling a bit flat in the New Year. Just like returning from a fab holiday many … Continue reading →
Dear mummy, you and daddy recently visited America and were impressed with the Black Friday sale discounts at Ralph Lauren in Macy’s, New York. You don’t usually spend money on designer outfits for me, but with up to 60% off … Continue reading →
Amy & Ivor Hot Pink Moccasins Dear mummy, last month I won a fabulous competition from Little Flea Kids over on Instagram. One of the prizes was a beautiful pair of Amy & Ivor Moccasins for toddlers. I was a … Continue reading →
Dear mummy, this week I discovered what bones are. I may only be a toddler but you helped me understand what they are and what they do. The toe bone’s connected to the foot bone, The foot bone’s connected to … Continue reading →
Dear Mummy, you’ve been to a couple of parenting blogging events since you started blogging and have always had mixed feelings about them. So when Blog On Winchester landed on our doorstep last week you just had to go. You’ve … Continue reading →
This week’s post is about helping you out of the blogging hole you’ve got yourself into. I’m giving you some pointers on how NOT to become a blogging monster mummy!!
Yes you have ambition, I get that mummy. But this constant striving to be the best at everything that you do must get you down.
I’m not saying have low expectations just don’t measure yourself on very successful professional bloggers!
A) you don’t have the time to be like them and B) this is a hobby that you enjoy. Not a business, not your livelihood.
So here’s my ten tips to STOP yourself turning into a blogging monster:
1) Stick to you guns mummy, you don’t have to be on every social media channel. Don’t spreads yourself too thinly. We’re not on Instagram you see…so what.
2) Take time out. For at least one day during the week don’t check your phone or computer.
3) Turn off notifications after 9pm. Don’t be a slave to notifications!
4) Limit your Twitter and increase your life balance. You don’t need to be online all the time! Leave temptation at the door. Hang your coat up and leave your phone on charge for the evening.
5) Blog for yourself. Do as much or as little as you want to.
6) Don’t compare yourself to other bloggers (they are travelling their own journey) it’s good to be different.
7) Only take your big camera when it’s a very special event – you don’t need it for a trip down the shops!
8) Be supportive of the blogging community. Show this though likes, shares and comments on other people’s blogs.
9) Have fun, when blogging becomes a chore it’s time to cut back or quit. Don’t feel that you have to do everything. When you don’t worry about followers and joining in every single Linky then you won’t feel the pressure to make everyone happy.
10) Don’t forget about family (especially in the evenings) disconnect from you phone and reconnect to daddy. *hubba hubba* 😉
Heed my words of wisdom mummy! I want to see you put this into practice soon….and if you don’t…. I’ll take control of EVERYTHING! Hehehe!
Lots of love Bella (your lifestyle guru and blogging buddy)
Ten signs you’re turning into a blogging monster…RAHHHH 1) Every moment has to be captured and recorded. Everything is a blog post waiting to happen. 2) Sometimes you over-share with the world. What a dirty word ‘over-sharing’. 3) You have … Continue reading →