Dear Mummy, we’ve been very brave and taken the leap into vlogging. There’s no going back now…we’ve bitten the video bug. Last year we watched bloggers launch their YouTube careers and patiently waited in the wings, waiting our turn for the limelight.
Here’s some of the reasons we didn’t start our YouTube channel sooner….
1) Speech. I couldn’t talk or communicate my thoughts very well (I am only 4 years old now). Our blog is written through my eyes as Baby Isabella @dear_mummy and it would make sense that all our videos have me in them as the main vlogger. With my mummy as my supporting act. We actually make a good double act.
2) Confidence. My mummy wasn’t brave enough to make the big leap into video on her own. Talking to a camera isn’t her strong point, she’d much prefer to hide herself away behind a computer screen and proof read for me. So she waited until I was old enough to do it with her.
3) Inspiration. We had no idea what to talk about….we still don’t. We’re just winging it, sharing our adventures and experiences hoping that it might help, inspire our readers and make you guys laugh.
4) Organic. It needed to come naturally and not forced. We set up our tripod and tried a couple of test shots to see what worked and what didn’t. We found that the first take would be better than doing it several times, as I got bored and would disappear off camera.
5) Knowledge. We didn’t have the equipment or knowledge. We knew from the get go that we didn’t want to record our videos with a camera phone. We wanted something a bit more polished and high def, with relativity good lightening (we’re still not there yet, but have made a good start).
6) Time. It’s not as if we have a crazy amount of time to film and edit our videos, my folks work full-time and I’m in nursery the majority of the week. So evenings and weekends is only time we can film. The evenings are so dark and it’s too late to get me in front of the camera after nursery. So we film at weekends and my mummy edits in the evenings.
The benefits far outweigh the pitfalls of YouTube. It gives our readers the chance to get to know us a bit better, hear our voices and is an extension to this blog. It will be another channel to push out our brand and people we work with. Hopefully in 2017 we’ll be using it a whole lot more. As for the time being, please enjoy our first offering to YouTube…we hope you enjoy it and let us know what you think.
Love Bella x