Dear Mummy, festival season is approaching and we’re excitedly preparing for a summer of sunshine, music and fun. Camp Bestival is back bigger and better than ever and celebrating it’s 10th anniversary. It’s created entirely with families in mind. They are welcoming pop stars and rock stars from around the world to Lulworth Castle in Dorset. It has won Best Family Festival four years in a row and this year we will see it celebrate in style!
It will take place at Lulworth Castle in Dorset from 27th – 30th July. Each year they chose a theme for the Camp which really adds to the atmosphere. For 2017 the theme is Pop Stars and Rock Stars and there’ll be plenty of pop rocking to be done looking at this year’s line-up…
I love singing around the house and playing air guitar so I am thrilled at the theme this year. We had fun attending the pre-festival tour with Big Fish Little Fish Family Raves where I pretended to be a pop star.
Here’s 10 ways in which Camp Bestival will rock this year.
1) The stars in your eyes theme: Last year saw us fly to outer space with the CB crew and this year is a celebration of musical talent and pop cultural icons. Unfortunately last year also saw the worst loss of musical talent we’d seen in a generation with the likes of David Bowie, Prince, George Michael and leaving us. Ground control to major Tom we’re coming into land at Lulworth Castle and I’m sure there will be an array of festival goers paying tribute to these bright stars.
2) The fancy dress parade: We’re massive fans of dressing up and fully immersing ourselves in the festival landscape. We’re looking forward to pimping our trolley and taking part in the fancy dress parade. This year it starts off at the new stage called Oberon’s Observatory. A jaw-dropping stage brimming with everything from Dorset’s finest country punk and all-girl garage rock to story-telling musicians and interactive theatre shows. It’s going to be a real hive of activity from everything that is bizarre and unique.
3) The star-spangled line-up: Camp Bestival’s live music selection covers all bases from rock to pop and way beyond, with three brilliant and diverse headliners, Mark Ronson (Friday), Madness (Saturday) and Brian Wilson presents Pet Sounds (Sunday), exciting classic acts, the very best in new music and lots of sing-along favourites too. Whether you’re young or just young at heart, there’s a live act that will get you jumping, so we’ll see you down the front. My daddy is looking forward to seeing All Saints perform while my mummy can’t wait to see Kate Nash and Right Said Fred.
4) The magical woods: At the heart of Camp Bestival lies a magical, woodland refuge called the Dingly Dell. Beneath the canopy of old English trees we’re going to escape the hustle and bustle of the festival. We’re looking forward to playing, crafting and learning wilderness skills. We can’t wait to hear tales from storytellers and authors transporting us into their imaginative worlds in the Story Den.
5) The food rocking your tastebuds: It’s always been so much more than mere sustenance, but this year The Feast Collective will have a jam-packed hit parade of exquisite street food with real rock n roll style, including the aforementioned DJ BBQ and his BBQ Zoo bringing British roast beef, rotisserie chicken and 20-hour slow and low smoked pulled pork to the table. Plus, there will be home-cooked West African treats in Zoe’s Ghana Kitchen, healthy sushi from Happy Maki, British Street Food from Seadog, and East Asian cuisine from Dorshi. My mummy doesn’t want a burger and she can’t wait to try Malay and Indonesian street dishes by Makatcha, everyday plant-based eating and foraged foods from Milgi. The mind-blowing buttermilk fried chicken made by Butchies, modish pie and mash served up by Piecaramba and shrimps in a brioche bun from Shrimpy sounds amazing and my daddy can’t wait to taste Alpine indulgences from raclette specialists Le Rac Shack.
6) The best seats in the house: We don’t need to head to the West End as this year Andrew Lloyd Webber’s amazing new musical based on the classic 2003 film School of Rock comes to Camp Bestival! I want to see Dick and Dom and the legend that is Mr Tumble with his trademark sing-along and slapstick set too!
7) The VIP chill out: My mummy can’t wait to get treated like a VIP in the Slow Motion area. It’s a chance for her to experience some ‘me time’ relax and let her hair down in Camp Bestival’s arena dedicated to contemporary wellbeing. She’s looking forward to trying out the Transformation Station with Hair Braiding, Glitter & Body Art by Jingo and our amazing Nail Bar.
8) Raving in the sunshine: In only 3 years Big Fish Little Fish have become a UK-wide phenomenon. It’s a multi-sensory dancefloor experience with bubbles, glitter cannons, huge balloons and a giant parachute dance finale. Integral to the BFLF family rave is Captain Cookie and her kids’ craft activities – we’re going to cover ourselves in temporary tattoos and make out-of-this-world accessories. Techno, hip hop, house, UK garage, rave, drum ‘n’ bass make this the party that starts hard and never stops for the whole family.
9) Shiny Disco Balls: We love a good Kids Disco and this year Camp Bestival are making it extra special by bringing along The World’s Largest Disco Ball for the perfect photo opp. We’re hoping a few special guests will join in the fun.
10) The after party: Going home won’t be sad for us as the memories left behind from the biggest party of the summer always makes us feel happy. Camp Bestival is a giggle (especially on the camp site) and gives us quality family time together.
I’m sure there are hundreds of ways that Camp Bestival will rock visitors this year and the full itinerary is on their website. Tickets are available here. We can’t wait to return this year again and will give you the full lowdown of our antics via Instagram and Twitter.
Love Bella x
22 thoughts on “Ten Ways Camp Bestival Will Rock You!”
We have toyed with the idea of a family festival for a few years. I think I’ll put this on our list for next year!
Bestival sounds like a lot of fun with so many activities to do – stars in your eyes – what a throwback that would be an interesting event x
Now this festival sounds like a lot of fun for the whole family x
You look like such a fun family! I hope you all have a great time at Camp Bestival, the lineup is fab x
It all sounds just brilliant! Especially the magical woods – how cool!
Never heard of this but looks like you rocked it and a family festival sounds fun 🙂 x
ive not heard of camp bestival before but this sounds like an amazing family festival!
I have read so many great things about Camp Bestival, we definitely should check it out! 🙂
would love to do something like this but unsure if my girls could cope with the SPD aspect and Autism could be to much, I love the idea though
The line up looks great, who wouldn’t enjoy Madness! The whole festival sounds like a great time 🙂
I know a lot of bloggers attend this but I hadn’t known fully what it was about so thanks for outlining the reasons to go.
Lools like you had a great time. Time to visit with my family too!
The stars in your eyes theme actually sounds amazing!!! We definitely lost some absolute gems last year, sadly!! The magical woods also sounds like a blast!!
I’ve heard so much about Camp Bestival but I’ve never been – sounds amazing! I’m a foodie so I’m always pleased to see an array of food options.
This looks like so much fun. We won’t be able to make it this year, but here’s to hoping we can make it for the next.
This sounds like an absolutely wonderful place to spend some much needed family time! I think I’d be hiding out with mummy in the VIP area tbh :-). x
OMG this is so cute!!! I don’t have kids yet but when I do I would love to do things like this with them 🙂
I’ve heard so many great things about Camp Bestival – may have to take Jack!
Oh my gosh Bella, what an amazing festival! You and your family will have so much fun! I would love to go amd dance along to Madness and Mark Ronson. Hope you have a great time!!
Wow, this Camp Bestival sounds absolutely fun and exciting! I love Barbecue so this is really perfect for my cravings. Enjoy this event!
We’re going this year, will be put second! Can’t wait it really is amazing! x
I have never been to a festival but going to try and put that right this year!