Dear Mummy, now that Halloween is over and all the chocolate has been eaten, I revealed a treat which is going to last me a lot longer than sweets. As over Halloween a new PJ Masks DVD came out. For the first time, I can follow the adventures of Catboy, Owlette and Gekko on DVD and digital download whenever I want. It’s an animated pre-school television series produced by Entertainment One and the show is based on the Les Pyjamasques book series from French author Romuald Racioppo.
The series revolves around three 6-year-old kids who lead relatively normal lives by day, where they are neighbours, classmates and friends. At night, however, they activate their bracelets, which link into their pyjamas, turning them into their alternate identities: The PJ Masks!
This is a massive thing for a superfan like me, no more badgering my folks to find PJ Masks on the planner (however I will probably want to keep up with all the brand new episodes on telly). Regular readers to this blog know how much of a PJ Masks fan I am and I’m constantly playing and making up PJ Masks stories in my head.
I had a party (after my ballet class) to celebrate the release and was so excited I held a little screening for my friends, I even made my soft toys wear PJ Masks masks! It’s amazing the range of PJ Masks products you can get now with party wear like plates, bunting, napkins and cups I’m thinking of having a PJ Masks party for my 5th Birthday! Any opportunity to dress up like Owlette!
After devouring my snacks I nestled up on the sofa with my new PJ Masks fleecy blanket and watched my favourite show. The new DVD is over an hour of PJ-filled fun which includes six fan-favourite episodes to watch and we would have been there all night if I’d had my way!
We were really impressed with the DVD packaging as it was slightly holographic and had all my favourite characters from the show on the sleeve. Inside the case features pictures of Catboy, Gekko and Owlette plus the villains and their strengths and powers. As a bonus it also has some stickers.
It’s brilliant that whatever time of day it is (even after ballet class), we can now put PJ Masks on for me to watch. It would be good to pack in a bag and take around relatives during the Christmas break and over to my Grandmas at weekends. It’s great viewing and had me engrossed for ages, even though I’d seen some of the episodes before.
Do you have a PJ Masks fan in your household? Then I’m sure they’d love this £7.00 DVD for Christmas! Order the DVD on Amazon
The six action-packed adventures featured on PJ Masks – Time to be a Hero are:
• Speak UP, Gekko! – When Romeo starts using Gekko’s voice for no good, Gekko has to get over his stage fright and get his voice back.
• Catboy & Master Fang’s Sword – Night Ninja has stolen Master Fang’s prized sword and Catboy wants it back, but he will have to learn not to let his anger get in the way first.
• Catboy vs. Robo-Cat – Catboy has to get Amaya’s and Greg’s stolen superhero pajamas back from Romeo so they can transform into Owlette and Gekko and help him save the day . . . unless he learns that you don’t need superpowers to be a hero.
• Owlette and the Giving Owl – Owlette’s prized ‘Giving Owl’ statue is stolen by Luna Girl to decorate her new headquarters. If Owlette doesn’t learn it’s better to give than receive, Catboy and Gekko could become trapped in Luna Girl’s newest HQ for good.
• Catboy’s Flying Fiasco – When Catboy receives a scooter as a gift from an unknown aunt, something smells fishy. But when he can use it to fly, it’s too good to leave at home. Too bad that it’s really a “gift” from . . . Luna Girl!
• Owlette and the Flash Flip Trip – Using his newest machine, Romeo erases all the stories from books and replaces them with pictures of himself. Rather than relying on her own skills, Owlette plans to use the moves of her favourite comic character, Flossy Flash, to save the day.
Love Bella x
Disclosure: I received a PJ Masks DVD Home Viewing Party Bundle in order to watch and share my thoughts.