Dear Mummy, festival season is approaching and we’re excitedly preparing for a summer of sunshine, music and fun. Camp Bestival is back bigger and better than ever! It will take place at Lulworth Castle in Dorset from 25th – 28th July 2019.
Each year they choose a theme for the Festival which really adds to the atmosphere and aims to allow a bit of escapism for all that attend. For 2019 the theme is Heroes vs Superheroes (my daddy says that he doesn’t need a costume this year as he’s a superhero already) and I can hear my mummy giggling at this!
I’m sure there will be lots of families dressing up this year and we can’t wait to see their costumes. We’ve been to Camp Bestival in all weathers and can honestly say it’s our favourite family festival, we look forward to it each year and treat it like a little holiday.
Every year we dress up for this four-day festi-holiday! Past festival themes have included Blasting off to Space, Rocking out as a Pop Star and Setting Sail with the Camp Bestival crew. Check out our past reviews to get a flavour for this mega family friendly festival.
We were fortunate enough to attend the Camp Bestival 2019 Warm-up with Big Fish Little Fish who host the best family raves and this gave us a taste for the festival antics coming up…
Here’s 10 ways in which Camp Bestival will be SUPER this year!
1) Becoming a superhero: Last year saw us rock out with the CB crew and this year festival goers will transform into cape crusaders and heroes that don’t were capes! There’s even Little Superhero Training with The Little Hero Company striving to create confident kids, by developing an imaginative, action-packed and energetic 45-minute training sessions at the festival.
2) The fancy dress parade: We’re massive fans of dressing up and fully immersing ourselves in the festival landscape. There’s a Dressing Up Tent full of capes, wings, shields and superpower inducing accessories and costumes for all sizes! We’re looking forward to Pimping our Trolley and taking part in the Fancy Dress Parade again this year – but our fancy dress is TOP SECRET so we can’t reveal it to you until the festival weekend. Watch this ‘space’! 😉
3) The super human line-up: Camp Bestival’s live music selection covers all bases from rock to pop and way beyond, with three brilliant and diverse headliners. My mummy’s favourite is Brit Awards 2019 critics’ choice Lewis Capaldi. He’s such a top bloke and very talented – I hope I get the chance to bump into him! Along with Jess Glynne, who we’ve seen before, she’s a great role model for kids with some thought provoking lyrics. The full line-up looks good (see end of post) and I’m sure we’ll enjoy chilling out at the Castle Stage.
4) The magical woods: At the heart of Camp Bestival lies a magical, woodland refuge called the Dingly Dell. Deep in the woods we’re going to escape the hustle and bustle of the festival. We’re looking forward to playing, crafting and learning wilderness skills. I also can’t wait to join in with the Little Retreat at Slow Motion, practice a couple of yoga moves and mindful meditation. Bliss!
5) The food powering our super human tastebuds: It’s always been so much more than mere sustenance, but this year The Feast Collective will have exquisite street food powering us superheroes. I’m sure my mummy will be eating Happy Maki, while daddy and I will feast on Popdogs. Of course Cotswold Corn Roast is a firm favourite of ours. The diversity of food on offer each year is excellent but make sure you budget for it especially when it’s all so good and the variety out of this world.
6) The best seats in the house: This year Camp Bestival are welcoming the incredible Aardman Animations who will be bringing Shaun The Sheep as well as celebrating the 30th anniversary of Wallace & Gromit. I can’t wait to see this show! I’ve grown up with all of their creations and am certain that many of my little friends will be excited but what’s in store.
7) Raving in the sunshine: Big Fish Little Fish family raves have become a UK-wide phenomenon. It’s a multi-sensory dance floor experience with bubbles, glitter cannons, huge balloons and a giant parachute dance finale. We’ve been many times and always enjoy it! Check out our Big Fish Little Fish reviews. Techno, hip hop, house, UK garage, rave, drum ‘n’ bass make this a super party. Plus it makes me laugh watching my folks dance and letting their hair down! Even superheroes need to rave…
8) Going Wild: A new area for Camp Bestival 2019 is the Wild Tribe – a brand new Josie da Bank curated field all about getting back to nature, finding out about fire, making stuff out of natural materials and embracing the great outdoors. Hosted by leading bushcraft experts we could happily spend a day here learning skills and unplugging from daily life.
9) Meeting my heroes: I’m so excited for the CBeebies takeover at Camp Bestival this year! There’s big fun with everyone’s fave Mr Tumble, art and songs with Mister Maker & The Shapes, a Camp Bestival first for the green fingered Mr Bloom & his Band. Another exciting announcement is that CBeebies Bedtime Stories will be there with an array of special storytelling guests every evening. Mummy seems especially excited apparently due to some of the past guest storytellers?!? Also the courageous heroes PJ Masks will take place at intervals on Friday 26th July at Camp Bestival and I’m a massive fan of theirs.
10) The after party: Going home won’t be sad for us as the memories left behind from the biggest party of the summer always makes us feel happy. Camp Bestival is a giggle (especially on the camp site) and gives us quality family time together. This is the main reason why we camp and we love the atmosphere and meeting new friends even if the weather decides to not play ball. Last year was extreme but even with this we still look forward to returning.
I’m sure there are hundreds of ways that Camp Bestival will be super this year and the full itinerary is on their website. Tickets are available here. We can’t wait to return this year again and will give you the full lowdown of our antics via Instagram and Twitter. If it’s anything like last year you’ll be in for a treat but keep thinking happy thoughts that the weather is kind!
Love Bella x
Disclosure: We’re working with Camp Bestival this year to provide coverage of the event, all thoughts, experiences and photos are our own.