Dear Mummy, I’m just a tad excited at the prospect of going back to Camp Bestival! It’s one of my favourite festivals and a highlight of my year! Festival season is approaching and we’re excitedly preparing for a summer of sunshine, music and fun.
We’ve been attending this family-friendly festival since I was a baby and it’s the official start to my school holidays. Camp Bestival is a four-day camping staycation full of amazing music, comedy, entertainment, wellness, activities and of course food for the entire family!
It’s returning to Lulworth Castle this July (28th – 31st) and each year they choose a theme for the Camp which really adds to the atmosphere.
There’s a NEW Desert Island Disco theme this year and I can’t wait to don my sequins or marooned rags and shimmy onto the dance floor!
We always create fun memories at this festival and there’s some incredible headline acts across the three days – from my favourites like Rag ‘n’ Bone Man and Rudimental, as well as the holy disco trinity of Earth Wind & Fire Experience ft. Al McKay, Kool and The Gang and Sister Sledge.
Check out the full line-up above to see all the amazing acts. I love that you can also get day tickets to the festival so you can still see your favourite artists and get a taste of the festival without needing to camp.
There are plenty of activities for all ages as well and I love that you can access the site on Thursday and don’t need to leave the site until the Monday so plenty of opportunity to take it all in and for mummy and daddy not to have to lose a day packing and de-camping!
Camp Bestival is located in the beautiful Dorset countryside near the coast, against the backdrop of Lulworth Castle. I love camping with my family and there’s something so freeing about waking up in a field and feeling like you are on holiday.
I hope all the families that attend remember to be kind to site and dispose of their rubbish and where possible take as little plastic as possible.
Here’s the top 10 things I’m looking forward to doing at this years festival:
1) The Desert Island Disco theme: In previous years we’ve flown to outer space with the CB crew, travelled Under The Sea and become Rock Stars at the festival. This year it’s all about Disco and we can’t wait to become a world record breaker and join the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title attempt for the Largest Disco Dance at Dorset. The festival dance will also raise money for Camp Bestival’s official charity partner, the Ellen MacArthur Cancer Trust, which inspires young people aged 8-24 to believe in a brighter future living through and beyond cancer.
2) The fancy dress parade and Pimp my Trolley: We’re massive fans of dressing up and fully immersing ourselves in the festival landscape. We’re looking forward to pimping our trolley and taking part in the fancy dress parade. The trolley pimping culture is big at Camp Bestival and we’ll be joining in again on Saturday at 12:00 on the Kids’ Catwalk in the Lower Kids’ Garden with celebrity judge Sara Cox. Daddy’s got his work cut out for him this year with the theme!
3) The star-spangled line-up: Camp Bestival’s live music selection covers all bases from rock to pop and way beyond, with some brilliant and diverse headliners, Rag’n’Bone Man (Friday), Rudimental (Saturday) and Sister Sledge (Sunday), exciting classic acts, the very best in new music and lots of sing-along favourites too. Whether you’re young or just young at heart, there’s a live act that will get you jumping, so we’ll see you down the front. My daddy is looking forward to seeing Razorlight and Example perform while my mummy can’t wait to see Shed Seven and Faithless (DJ Set).
4) The magical woods: At the heart of Camp Bestival lies a magical, woodland refuge called the Dingly Dell. Beneath the canopy of trees we’re going to escape the hustle and bustle of the festival. We’re looking forward to playing, crafting and making mud pies at Lizzie’s Way.
5) The food shaking your tastebuds: It’s always been so much more than mere sustenance, but this year The Feast Collective curated by the one and only Fred Sirieix will really impress! My folks can’t wait to try some yummy food from the best independent chefs, street vendors, and creative food makers in the UK.
6) The best seats in the house: We don’t need to head to the theatre as this year the best entertainers are coming to Camp Bestival. I want to see Dick and Dom and the legend that is Mr Tumble with his trademark sing-along and slapstick set. My mummy loves watching Mr Motivator and Sophie Ellis-Bextor.
7) The VIP chill out: My mummy can’t wait to get treated like a VIP in the Slow Motion area. It’s a chance for her to experience some ‘me time’ relax and let her hair down in Camp Bestival’s arena dedicated to contemporary wellbeing. She’s looking forward to trying out the Gong Baths and joining in the the Fire Ceremonies While I can’t wait to participate in Cosmic Kids Yoga with Jaime Amor from YouTube!
8) Running away to the Circus: One of our highlights of Camp Bestival is seeing all the performers and I can’t wait to see the new show from Cirque Bijou called Disco Inferno and join in and learn some circus skills at BigTopMania. The Farmyard Circus sounds great and we’re glad that family favourites Circus Raj are back this year.
9) Shiny Disco Balls: We love a good kids disco and this year Camp Bestival are making it extra special with loads of chances to party hard! I’m sure my mummy will visit the Bollywood Cocktail Bus and I’ll be waving at the Love-Bot, after one or two fab DJ sets from Big Fish Little Fish and Junior Jungle.
10) The after party: Going home won’t be sad for us as the memories left behind from the biggest party of the summer always makes us feel happy. Camp Bestival is a giggle (especially on the camp site) and gives us quality family time together.
I love that each year had a different theme too. We always join in with the family fancy dress competition and decorate our festival trolley! Let us know in the below comments which design is your favourite!
I’m sure there are hundreds of ways that Camp Bestival will knock the sequins off visitors this year and the full itinerary is on their website. Plus there are two festival events this year – Dorset and the brand new Shropshire location!
Love Bella and her family! x
Check out my previous Camp Bestival reviews and videos:
Every year has been a different experience with memories that will last a lifetime!