Our Mission to Camp Bestival Star Date: 28th-31st July 2016 Eat, Sleep, Rave, Repeat – well it certainly felt like that at Camp Bestival. One of the biggest family festivals in the planet, Camp Bestival was sent into orbit this year … Continue reading
Dear mummy, it’s not everyday you get invited to party with Dizzee Rascal, Everything Everything, ShyFX and Dub Pistols but over the first weekend in July we did just that! We were invited to Blissfileds to review the event from … Continue reading
1) It’s a foodie paradise: Jimmy is Jamie Oliver’s best mate and a celebrity farmer and nature enthusiast. He’s best known for Channel 4’s program ‘food unwrapped’. The event is happening on his farm in Suffolk. With some great food … Continue reading
Blissfields Festival Review 2015 Dear mummy, it’s taken me nearly a week to get over Blissfields Festival. The whole family is knackered but we had such a good time we just had to share it with you. This is our family … Continue reading
Baby Isabella is going to Blissfields 2015!
Dear mummy, Blissfields is the nearest music festival to us in Hampshire and is only 3 weeks away. eeeek! We’ve never been to Blissfields before and have tickets to this highly acclaimed music festival. It draws in crowds from all over the country. Not like the smaller kids festivals we’re used to going to.
We’re super excited and this is why!
1) Weather: It never rains at Blissfields! Well, if the Radio Times says so then it must be true! We’re hoping for sun on the 3rd & 4th of July.
2) The Location: Blissfields is a 2-day event (Fri & Sat), with the added bonus of evening entertainment on the Thursday too. We’re looking forward to getting back to nature and sleeping underneath the stars! It’s local to us (only 4 miles away) so we have the added bonus of not travelling very far either. It’s easily reachable from the M3 and less than an hour’s drive from London. It’s set in lovely countryside with beautiful views. My daddy can’t wait to dust off the tent and get packing!
3) Razzle Dazzle: Mummy, when was the last time your eyes popped out of your head? I’m only a toddler but am really looking forward to all the children’s entertainment throughout the festival weekend. I’m ready to be awed and amazed. My folks are ready to have some peace and quite while I’m being razzled dazzle by all Blissfields has to offer. We caught up with Blissfields Angel, Sam, to see what’s on offer for children, read the interview here.
4) Diversity: It’s not just for families. Far from it we would say! It’s tailored for music lovers, adventure seekers, hippy chicks and avid festival goers. The pure mixture of people is going to be awesome to see, we’ve heard it’s one of the friendliest festivals around.
5) The Theme: We’re massive fans of Back to the Future, so the Somewhere in Time time travel theme this year couldn’t be more appropriate for our family…now what to dress up as? The Time Lord or Marty McFly?
5) The Quirkiness: After dark, my mummy and daddy can’t wait to explore the ‘behind the hedge’ area of Blissfields. It sounds dodgy but rest assured I’ve been told it contains a world of possibilities ranging from Burlesque shows, art installations, quirky hangouts and nightspots. They are ready to be amazed!
6) The Line-up: My mummy is really looking forward to seeing Ghostpoet, ever since she heard him on Zane Lowe’s evening show back in 2013 she fell in love with his lyrics. My folks are also massive fans of The Horrors so will be eager to see them perform.
7) The Extras: No festival would be complete without having the choice for an upgrade! Fancy a posh wash of a hot tub experience mummy? Sounds great, now where do I sign up!
8) The Atmosphere: We love the fact that Blissfields can be whatever you want it to be! The crazy adrenaline rush of being at the front of the main stage seeing your favourite band or discovering others. Or enjoying a beer and chatting to friends back at the campsite. Having a night out on the tiles in the disco with the girls or sunbathing in a field with the gentle sound of music wafting past. We’re looking forward to submerging ourselves in craft activities and games with the children. Either way the atmosphere will be amazing as we are all sharing a happy weekend with other festival goers. We can’t wait to be a part of it.
9) The Mementos: We love making stuff and collecting things. People that have been round our house see that it’s filled with clutter…*cough* I mean beautiful knick knacks. Mementos of days out, artwork created, photos – anything to remind ourselves of certain experiences shared. Visiting Blissfields will be no different. I’m sure we will be bringing something back to remind us of our time spent here, along with the pictures in our heads.
10) Relaxing: The chance to let your hair down (even with the kiddie winks) to enjoy the fresh air, the stillness of sitting in a field with a beer in your hand watching your children play…sounds like bliss!
There are still Day Tickets left for Blissfields 2015, so what are you waiting for? Why not come down for the day and enjoy some family fun, great live music and quirky night-time entertainment.
See you on the other side of the hedge! I’ll be the one chilling in the beer gardens with a non-alcohol punch…well I am only 2 years old after all 😉
Why we’re looking forward to Funk the Family!
Dear mummy, the festival season has started! We have a couple to attend this year and are really looking forward to them. This is why…
Ten reasons why we’re looking forward to Funk the Family festival.
1) Location. Funk the Family Festival is in Hove, next to Brighton’s main attractions on the coast. It’s the perfect setting for this quirky family-friendly festival. It’s in Hove Park, a lovely large green space, great for local families. We love visiting Brighton.
2) Line-up. It’s great listening to new music and discovering new bands you like. We haven’t heard of a lot of the bands on the line-up but that’s part of the fun! Live music is the best! We’re looking forward to seeing Mr B The Gentleman Rhymer (he looks like an interesting character).
3) Dancing and getting our jig on. We’re bringing a picnic blanket and our dancing shoes! Bubbles and glitter! Full-on diva strutting to Soul Casserole at the Club Tropicana DJ Bar…sadly I won’t be drinking *well I am only 2!*
4) Stalls. We love having a mooch around stalls at festivals. It’s nice to see the festival organisers supporting local businesses and charities too! Oh, and the festival food! Can’t wait to get my smackers around some posh nosh. Yummy!
5) Lucy’s little forest school. I can’t wait to learn more about nature at the festival! It’s a sure way to keep the kids amused.
6) Soaking up the atmosphere. The best thing about festivals is watching the world go by. At Funk the Family we will be visiting the Tree of Life well-being zone and doing a spot of Yoga! Sounds bliss!
7) Daddy and mummy might brush up on their Circus skills. I cant wait to visit the big top and see the Circus PaZaz team in action. We’re looking forward to seeing performances from Brighton & Hove Youth Circus too!
8) I’m looking forward to some Red Jelly messy play time and some crafting. My mummy might gate crash the Fashion School and do some designing.
9) Finding *or stalking* Miss Sparkle the Festival Fairy. Well, it would be rude not to…she has come all the way from Fairy Land.
10) Little Lions Soft Play area, if all the dancing and playing has got too much for me I can always go for a little snooze in this area 😉
So many reasons why we’re looking forward to spending the day at Funk the Family. But most importantly it’s a chance for us to be together – mummy, daddy and me! Memories are made at festivals 🙂
Funk the Family Festival is on Saturday 30th, for one glorious day only!
Check out their website for more details. Come and be part of the fun!
Love Bella x