Baby Isabella is going to Blissfields 2015!
Dear mummy, Blissfields is the nearest music festival to us in Hampshire and is only 3 weeks away. eeeek! We’ve never been to Blissfields before and have tickets to this highly acclaimed music festival. It draws in crowds from all over the country. Not like the smaller kids festivals we’re used to going to.
We’re super excited and this is why!
1) Weather: It never rains at Blissfields! Well, if the Radio Times says so then it must be true! We’re hoping for sun on the 3rd & 4th of July.
2) The Location: Blissfields is a 2-day event (Fri & Sat), with the added bonus of evening entertainment on the Thursday too. We’re looking forward to getting back to nature and sleeping underneath the stars! It’s local to us (only 4 miles away) so we have the added bonus of not travelling very far either. It’s easily reachable from the M3 and less than an hour’s drive from London. It’s set in lovely countryside with beautiful views. My daddy can’t wait to dust off the tent and get packing!
3) Razzle Dazzle: Mummy, when was the last time your eyes popped out of your head? I’m only a toddler but am really looking forward to all the children’s entertainment throughout the festival weekend. I’m ready to be awed and amazed. My folks are ready to have some peace and quite while I’m being razzled dazzle by all Blissfields has to offer. We caught up with Blissfields Angel, Sam, to see what’s on offer for children, read the interview here.
4) Diversity: It’s not just for families. Far from it we would say! It’s tailored for music lovers, adventure seekers, hippy chicks and avid festival goers. The pure mixture of people is going to be awesome to see, we’ve heard it’s one of the friendliest festivals around.
5) The Theme: We’re massive fans of Back to the Future, so the Somewhere in Time time travel theme this year couldn’t be more appropriate for our family…now what to dress up as? The Time Lord or Marty McFly?
5) The Quirkiness: After dark, my mummy and daddy can’t wait to explore the ‘behind the hedge’ area of Blissfields. It sounds dodgy but rest assured I’ve been told it contains a world of possibilities ranging from Burlesque shows, art installations, quirky hangouts and nightspots. They are ready to be amazed!
6) The Line-up: My mummy is really looking forward to seeing Ghostpoet, ever since she heard him on Zane Lowe’s evening show back in 2013 she fell in love with his lyrics. My folks are also massive fans of The Horrors so will be eager to see them perform.
7) The Extras: No festival would be complete without having the choice for an upgrade! Fancy a posh wash of a hot tub experience mummy? Sounds great, now where do I sign up!
8) The Atmosphere: We love the fact that Blissfields can be whatever you want it to be! The crazy adrenaline rush of being at the front of the main stage seeing your favourite band or discovering others. Or enjoying a beer and chatting to friends back at the campsite. Having a night out on the tiles in the disco with the girls or sunbathing in a field with the gentle sound of music wafting past. We’re looking forward to submerging ourselves in craft activities and games with the children. Either way the atmosphere will be amazing as we are all sharing a happy weekend with other festival goers. We can’t wait to be a part of it.
9) The Mementos: We love making stuff and collecting things. People that have been round our house see that it’s filled with clutter…*cough* I mean beautiful knick knacks. Mementos of days out, artwork created, photos – anything to remind ourselves of certain experiences shared. Visiting Blissfields will be no different. I’m sure we will be bringing something back to remind us of our time spent here, along with the pictures in our heads.
10) Relaxing: The chance to let your hair down (even with the kiddie winks) to enjoy the fresh air, the stillness of sitting in a field with a beer in your hand watching your children play…sounds like bliss!
There are still Day Tickets left for Blissfields 2015, so what are you waiting for? Why not come down for the day and enjoy some family fun, great live music and quirky night-time entertainment.
See you on the other side of the hedge! I’ll be the one chilling in the beer gardens with a non-alcohol punch…well I am only 2 years old after all 😉
12 thoughts on “Baby Isabella is going to Blissfields!”
Sounds amazing! Well jell over here. I miss UK summer festivals so much. I hope one year soon I’ll be around to catch them.
This is our first proper year of full on festival action together as a family 🙂 it’s exciting! Hopefully you will be able to enjoy them too. Thanks for popping over x
I’ll bet. Hope that the weather is good although I think that meme is kind of asking for it 🙂
Ooo I am very jealous, it sounds fab. We went to Camp Bestival last year and it was amazing, I am so excited to be going back this year 🙂
I hope you all have a great time xx
Camp Bestival looks amazing too 🙂 have a great time! x
Oh Bella, you are so much cooler than me x
Aww thanks! I’m getting into Festivals young 😉 x
See you in a field somewhere soon! Must dig out the postcode for Blissfields so we actually know where we are going. X
I’ll be the one dragging my folks around! If you see us say hi! I’ll be riding around in my cart 🙂 x
Sounds fabulous, have a wonderful time 🙂
I have never heard of this and we aren’t that far away. Sounds great, have fun! Thanks so much for linking up to #TheList x
Wow that’s a whole lot of things to be excited for Blissfields. I have never heard of it before. have now sounds ace. Have fun darling. Thank you ever so much for linking up to Share With Me #sharewithme