We headed to Mottisfont, National Trust during the week to follow the Gruffalo and Friends trail. Look who we bumped into having their wedding! The Gruffalo and Friends: the Art of Axel Scheffler exhibition runs from 15 July – 3 … Continue reading
Dear Mummy, this week saw us dust off our jackets and finally get some fresh air. There was a break in the rainy weather and we managed to get out for an afternoon to The Vyne, Basingstoke in Hampshire. The … Continue reading
Stillness at The Vyne, National Trust. If you like this photo please pop over to our Instagram feed @dear_mummy to see more piccys and share the love 🙂 Love Bella x
Dear Mummy, we’ve been meaning to visit this National Trust property for ages but have always been distracted by other attractions nearer to us. The weather has been pretty miserable recently too, but we woke up to dry weather last weekend … Continue reading
Dear Mummy, now is the perfect time to invest in wet weather gear for children. We’re big fans of all-in-one puddle suits for kids! They are practical, can be folded away easily and great for families on the move. Presently … Continue reading
We’ve just heard of some special ‘spooky’ events coming up in Hampshire and wanted to share them with you. We’re massive fans of Halloween so love participating in pumpkin carving, apple bobbing and dressing up. These are the places we will … Continue reading
Dear mummy, we’ve had a hectic week and have been enjoying the last of the summer sun. We’ve visited The Vyne (National Trust) a couple of times and played in their walled garden with the tractors and garden toys. We’ve … Continue reading
Dear mummy, we finally visited the Lauren Child exhibition at Mottisfont, National Trust. We’d been waiting since the exhibition started in July to find the perfect weekend to visit. It’s the first art show I’ve been really, really interested in….being … Continue reading
Dear Mummy, every year for the past 3 years you’ve been taking me to see the roses at Mottisfont in Romsey, Hampshire. It’s an 18th-century home with a medieval priory owned by The National Trust and we’ve had many adventures here. Every year in June, … Continue reading
Dear mummy, you got a new camera for Christmas 2014, a Canon 700D. Makes a change from using your iPhone. In 2015 you’ve set yourself the target of learning about photography and mastering the skill of taking beautiful photographs. It’s … Continue reading
Top Ten Places in Hampshire this Easter!
Dear mummy, here’s a little list I compiled of places to go and things to do in Hampshire this Easter! Easter is a lovely time in this neck of the woods and we love visiting gardens and farms in Spring. Here’s our top ten attractions.
- Exbury Gardens, Southampton – Explore the Rhododendrons and jump on the steam train to see the Easter Bunny. We visited last year and had a great time!
- Visit Marwell Wildlife, Southampton – To join in with the Easter Park Trail in the Zoo!
- Build Lego at Bricks in Motion at Milestones Museum, Basingstoke – Watch the master builders create stunning displays out of Lego. We went last year to Lego Lost World and had a fab time.
- See the spring lambs at Manydown Farm, Basingstoke – It’s lambing season along with Easter crafts and activities. We went last year and I made an Easter Egg card for my mummy!
- Visit The National Trust at Mottisfont, Romsey and go to the Easter Bunny Ball and join in with the Easter Egg hunt.
- Visit Wellington Country Park, on the Hampshire border of Basingstoke/Reading and join in with one if their themed days over the Easter break! We’re looking forward to visiting the Circus!
- See the pretty flowers at Sir Harold Hilliers Garden, Romsey.
- Visit The Vyne and join in with their Cadbury Easter Egg trail.
- Finkley Down Farm, Andover – Pop down to the farm come rain or shine and see the little chicks and lambs!
- Pop into Basingstoke Town and enjoy the events Festival Place have put on – Eat Street will be bringing live cooking demonstrations, entertainment and prizes. Also at the Top of Town in Basingstoke there will be Easter activities and entertainment too!
We hope you like our little list on activities over the Easter Break in Hampshire. Hopefully you can join in the fun! Let us know where you visit if you are local 🙂
Love Bella x