50 things that make me happy…
…by a toddler.
Dear Mummy, I’ve been thinking about this quite a lot recently. What really makes me happy as a toddler? It’s not the same as an adult surely? I have no real concept of money, status or power. I’m sure my mummy’s list would differ greatly to mine?
Thank you to PickingUpToys for tagging me for the 50 Happy Things challenge! There are lots of people participating in this at the moment so I hope you like getting to know me a bit better 🙂
So here’s my list of 50 things that make me happy is a simple list of things that bring pleasure to my day.
1) My Daddy and Mummy (obviously!).
2) My Grandparents.
3) Sunshine and dry weather.
4) The outdoors and getting fresh air.
5) Puddle jumping with wellies on.
6) Kiss chase with the boys at nursery. (shhh don’t tell daddy! He’ll have them shot!)
7) Cake (like in my #Betterwithcake post – see the video for a giggle).
8) Disney’s Frozen (I love signing “legit goooooooo, legit goooooooo”).
9) The Gruffalo and anything to do with the Gruffalo.
10) My Dollies (I like putting them to sleep and saying Shhhhhh).
11) My sleep (I think this brings more pleasure to my mummy than me!).
13) Grapes (only the red ones).
15) My plastic motorcycle (broom broom).
16) Turtle (I hope we’re not drifting apart!).
17) Making tea.
18) Reading books.
19) Gurgle Magazine.
20) Turning the radio on and dancing.
21) Feeding crisps into the DVD player.
22) Taking “selfies” with mummy’s phone when she’s not looking.
23) Blowing kisses.
24) Giving hugs to everyone…even strangers on the street. If they ask – they get!
25) Watching Mr Tumble and his spotty bag.
26) Drinking my bottle.
27) Sucking my thumb.
28) Making trumpet noises when sucking my thumb.
30) Gizzy my cat.
31) Messy play and handprints.
32) Red berries nicked from my mummy’s Special K.
33) Stealing toilet roll.
34) Trying to wipe my mummy’s bum while she’s on the loo (I’m a bit of a stalker).
35) Exposing my tummy.
36) The National Trust (They’ve been there every step of the way on our adventures).
37) Car snoozes
38) Throwing myself off the sofa or anything that gives my mummy a heart attack.
39) My mummy’s nail varnish collection which I have been secretly eyeing up when she’s not looking.
40) Those iddy biddy marshmallows which my mummy puts on her hot chocolate, they taste yummy.
41) Pulling faces (I’ve only just learnt how to do this from daddy).
42) Stickers! What kid doesn’t love stickers??
43) Stars (ok, so they are fake stars on my ceiling but don’t tell my mummy I know that, right?).
44) Crayons – I like to stick them in my ear.
45) Happyland characters – I like to stick them in my ear.
46) Hide and Seek.
47) My bouncy chair in my nursery.
48) Tickles from Daddy.
49) Airplane with Grandpa.
50) My own space…well I am a toddler after all.
Love Bella x
Check back next week to see what my mummy’s list looks like….I wonder how different it’ll be to mine?
22 thoughts on “50 things that make me happy… by a toddler”
This is soooo funny and lovely!My 2 year old likes to stick things in ears/nose too xx
Glad I’m not the only one! It makes me happy 😉
Awww how lovely and a different take on the 50 happy things x
Aww love this post. Such a cute idea to write it from a toddler’s perspective xx
My whole blog is from my perspective 😉 I hope you enjoy reading more of my ramblings x
Fab list – I think a lot of these would be on my little ones lists as well – especially stickers and watching Mr Tumble! 🙂
What a brill list, I think Elliot would agree with you on a lot of things – especially the Gruffalo and showing his tummy! x
I’m not sure if I sucessfully just left a comment?? Love the list baby Isabella!! Just shared on fb.
Ahhh thanks! #TheList Glad you like it! 🙂
Thanks so much for nominating me; I’m so sorry about being slow in responding. I actually commented yesterday but I mistakenly pressed the back button and it was all gone! 😦
Anyway, lovely reading your happy list; your comment about who enjoys your sleep more especially made me chuckle. It’s a very good exercise to think about such positive things that make us happy.
I’ve got my list, I just need to type it up and post then; then I’ll let you know :-). #aNoviceMumBlogVisit
No worries, no rush either just enjoy the weekend xx look forward to reading it with my mummy x
Love this list..made me smile as most of these apply to my little boy too. He just recently developed his love for The Gruffalo and we’re reading/watching it several times a day! Do you know all the words yet?!
My daddy knows all the words! That and Room on the Broom!
Hehee – just reading this list has made me happy! I love far too many of those things too…does that make me a kid?! Thanks for linking up to #TheList xx
Lovely list…kids do have the best of times xox
so sweet x made me smile x
Great list. Love how its written from the toddlers point of view #happyquacks
Fab list! S is obsessed with stickers too and stealing all the toilet roll 😉 Thanks for linking up to #happyquacks x
ha ha I think 90% of them are what my toddler loves too. Feeding crisps into the dvd player made me laugh 🙂
I only like the red grapes too! 🙂 I love the simplicity of toddler joy! #happyquacks
There must be method to my madness?!? Thanks for popping by #HappyQuacks