Dear Mummy, now’s the perfect time to get outdoors and go fly a kite! The March winds are blowing and we’ve just seen the tail end of Storm Freya in the UK. However it’s still blustery so we headed to … Continue reading →
Dear Mummy, I’m just learning to tell the time at school and you and daddy have been helping me with working sheets and educational free printables, however on a recent trip to the London Toy Fair you stumbled across a … Continue reading →
Dear Mummy, you and daddy have been a bit stressed recently, so when the opportunity came to let your hair down we jumped at the chance. We were recently invited to attend a Big Fish Little Fish event. I whisked … Continue reading →
Dear Mummy, I’m always looking for ways to treat you and with Mother’s Day on the horizon I’ve been thinking about it a lot recently. With half term looming it was the right time for us to escape together out … Continue reading →
Dear Mummy, roll-up roll-up! Come and see the greatest spectacle Basingstoke has ever seen… well at least in my head it was the greatest party I had ever seen. It was my 6th Birthday Party after all. My folks had … Continue reading →
Dear Mummy, the fun is continuing as I become the mother of dragons! Well, toy dragons. Spin Master kindly sent us some brand new How to Train Your Dragon figures to play with and I couldn’t wait to recreate the … Continue reading →
Dear Mummy, dragon fever has hit our household! The brand new How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World has just landed at cinemas and we couldn’t wait to see the third instalment of this fab film. The first film came … Continue reading →
Dear mummy, love is in the air and we’re loving Lollipets! With Valentines Day now behind us we’re still sharing the love with these brand new toys kindly sent to us from Spin Master. They look so cute! These little … Continue reading →
Dear Mummy, I think I’ve seen it all now! Have you seen these latest toys? They are gorgeous lip-shaped keyrings that give you a big kiss! S.W.A.K. is the perfect Valentines gift. MWAH! The creators of Fingerlings are back with a brand … Continue reading →
Dear Mummy, I’ve recently gone bananas for a new collectible called Bananas™. They are perfect for a cheeky monkey like me. We saw these advertised on telly and at the London Toy Fair and I was lucky enough to get … Continue reading →
Dear Mummy, we’ve had an eventful week with the crazy weather and my 6th Birthday on the cards. The prospect of snow was exciting, however we didn’t anticipate how much would fall in such a small space of time here … Continue reading →
Dear mummy, I had so much fun discovering Smashers for the first time. I lot of boys in my class have been playing with these and I wanted to check them out for myself. I had some given to me … Continue reading →
Dear Mummy, while you were at the London Toy Fair you stumbled across some amazing new toys called Splishies on the Vivid Toys and Games stand. They looked amazing. Your eyes nearly popped out of your head when you saw … Continue reading →
Dear Mummy, I feel cheated. You see while I was at school you were having the time of your life at the London Toy Fair. January can be pretty miserable and grey so it was wonderful to get the opportunity to … Continue reading →
Dear Mummy, in an effort to stay fit and healthy we’re kicking off 2019 with lots more outdoor adventures. For us walking is a great stress buster, especially at this time of year when my folks have returned to work … Continue reading →
Dear Mummy, festival season is approaching and we’re excitedly preparing for a summer of sunshine, music and fun. Camp Bestival is back bigger and better than ever! It will take place at Lulworth Castle in Dorset from 25th – 28th July 2019.
Each year they choose a theme for the Festival which really adds to the atmosphere and aims to allow a bit of escapism for all that attend. For 2019 the theme is Heroes vs Superheroes (my daddy says that he doesn’t need a costume this year as he’s a superhero already) and I can hear my mummy giggling at this!
Me and my folks!
I’m sure there will be lots of families dressing up this year and we can’t wait to see their costumes. We’ve been to Camp Bestival in all weathers and can honestly say it’s our favourite family festival, we look forward to it each year and treat it like a little holiday.
Here’s 10 ways in which Camp Bestival will be SUPER this year!
1) Becoming a superhero: Last year saw us rock out with the CB crew and this year festival goers will transform into cape crusaders and heroes that don’t were capes! There’s even Little Superhero Training with The Little Hero Company striving to create confident kids, by developing an imaginative, action-packed and energetic 45-minute training sessions at the festival.
2) The fancy dress parade: We’re massive fans of dressing up and fully immersing ourselves in the festival landscape. There’s a Dressing Up Tent full of capes, wings, shields and superpower inducing accessories and costumes for all sizes! We’re looking forward to Pimping our Trolley and taking part in the Fancy Dress Parade again this year – but our fancy dress is TOP SECRET so we can’t reveal it to you until the festival weekend. Watch this ‘space’! 😉
3) The super human line-up: Camp Bestival’s live music selection covers all bases from rock to pop and way beyond, with three brilliant and diverse headliners. My mummy’s favourite is Brit Awards 2019 critics’ choice Lewis Capaldi. He’s such a top bloke and very talented – I hope I get the chance to bump into him! Along with Jess Glynne, who we’ve seen before, she’s a great role model for kids with some thought provoking lyrics. The full line-up looks good (see end of post) and I’m sure we’ll enjoy chilling out at the Castle Stage.
4) The magical woods: At the heart of Camp Bestival lies a magical, woodland refuge called the Dingly Dell. Deep in the woods we’re going to escape the hustle and bustle of the festival. We’re looking forward to playing, crafting and learning wilderness skills. I also can’t wait to join in with the Little Retreat at Slow Motion, practice a couple of yoga moves and mindful meditation. Bliss!
5) The food powering our super human tastebuds: It’s always been so much more than mere sustenance, but this year The Feast Collective will have exquisite street food powering us superheroes. I’m sure my mummy will be eating Happy Maki, while daddy and I will feast on Popdogs. Of course Cotswold Corn Roast is a firm favourite of ours. The diversity of food on offer each year is excellent but make sure you budget for it especially when it’s all so good and the variety out of this world.
6) The best seats in the house: This year Camp Bestival are welcoming the incredible Aardman Animations who will be bringing Shaun The Sheep as well as celebrating the 30th anniversary of Wallace & Gromit. I can’t wait to see this show! I’ve grown up with all of their creations and am certain that many of my little friends will be excited but what’s in store.
7) Raving in the sunshine: Big Fish Little Fish family raves have become a UK-wide phenomenon. It’s a multi-sensory dance floor experience with bubbles, glitter cannons, huge balloons and a giant parachute dance finale. We’ve been many times and always enjoy it! Check out our Big Fish Little Fish reviews. Techno, hip hop, house, UK garage, rave, drum ‘n’ bass make this a super party. Plus it makes me laugh watching my folks dance and letting their hair down! Even superheroes need to rave…
8) Going Wild: A new area for Camp Bestival 2019 is the Wild Tribe – a brand new Josie da Bank curated field all about getting back to nature, finding out about fire, making stuff out of natural materials and embracing the great outdoors. Hosted by leading bushcraft experts we could happily spend a day here learning skills and unplugging from daily life.
9) Meeting my heroes: I’m so excited for the CBeebies takeover at Camp Bestival this year! There’s big fun with everyone’s fave Mr Tumble, art and songs with Mister Maker & The Shapes, a Camp Bestival first for the green fingered Mr Bloom & his Band. Another exciting announcement is that CBeebies Bedtime Stories will be there with an array of special storytelling guests every evening. Mummy seems especially excited apparently due to some of the past guest storytellers?!? Also the courageous heroes PJ Masks will take place at intervals on Friday 26th July at Camp Bestival and I’m a massive fan of theirs.
10) The after party: Going home won’t be sad for us as the memories left behind from the biggest party of the summer always makes us feel happy. Camp Bestival is a giggle (especially on the camp site) and gives us quality family time together. This is the main reason why we camp and we love the atmosphere and meeting new friends even if the weather decides to not play ball. Last year was extreme but even with this we still look forward to returning.
I’m sure there are hundreds of ways that Camp Bestival will be super this year and the full itinerary is on their website. Tickets are available here. We can’t wait to return this year again and will give you the full lowdown of our antics via Instagram and Twitter. If it’s anything like last year you’ll be in for a treat but keep thinking happy thoughts that the weather is kind!
Love Bella x
Disclosure: We’re working with Camp Bestival this year to provide coverage of the event, all thoughts, experiences and photos are our own.