Dear Mummy, so you’re leaving me at home to go to a bloggers event are you? Pfff. Ok. Fine. Have fun and I’ll pass it over to you… Hi everyone! My name is Dawn and I’m the mastermind behind Dear Mummy … Continue reading
Dear Mummy, last week you visited Pizza Express in Festival Place for the South East Blog Circle Meet-Up. It was an event organised by the lovely Jenny at Ramblings for a Jaffa Cat who also looks after the local bloggers … Continue reading
Six fears conquered at BritMums Live
Dear Mummy, everyone knows that going somewhere new and meeting new people can be daunting. Over the weekend you stepped out of your comfort zone and headed to London for a bloggers conference called BritMums Live.
Here’s some of the fears you conquered over the weekend.
1) Navigating to the venue – on your own. Well done for figuring out the underground and making sure you got to the venue on time. Especially on the second day when you were running late and there were problems on the Northern and Circle Line. You diverted across several lines and managed to cross the whole of London without getting lost. Phew! You’re braver than me mummy.
2) Pre-meet nerves. Heading to the London Eye for the pre-meet BritMums Live Insta Walk was very daunting – you had no idea what anyone looked like or who was meeting up there. In a sea of tourists and large groups, at one point you were ready to turn around and head back to Waterloo Station. Luckily for you, you noticed other people who ‘looked’ like bloggers. Beautiful 1950’s dresses, phones in hands and large backpacks kinda gave it away.
3) Am I good enough syndrome. Whenever you meet other bloggers you are constantly measuring yourself up to them, you know you shouldn’t but you just can’t help yourself. Questions whirl around in your mind like “do they like me” and “have they heard of my blog”. It’s easy to get disheartened when people haven’t got a clue who you are, but also nice when people recognise you or have heard of ‘Baby Isabella’.
4) What if no-one will talk to me. It’s so hard entering a room filled with bloggers on your own. On the first day you made a beeline for the refreshments and stood by a stand nursing your drink, while glancing around the room to see if there was anyone you knew. Making the first step to approach someone and strike up a conversation takes MAJOR balls. So mummy, I congratulate you for that. You seemed to make the first move a lot over the weekend.
5) Talking to brands and not coming across as an idiot. I think you were fairly successful at this mummy. You didn’t stumble over your words and were confident at explaining your blog to people. The more you interact with people the easier it will get.
6) Leaving me behind. You are always fearful of leaving me behind and feel guilty for having some ‘you’ time. This will get easier and you are lucky to have a good family support network to help look after me.
A lot of hurdles were crossed over the weekend at BritMums Live, you feel a bit more confident as a result of it. You’ve got to know London a bit better which has made you more comfortable about travelling on your own up to the ‘big smoke’.
Well done mummy, have a pat on the back. I think you were a good ambassador for me and you did me proud.
Baby On A Stick
#babyonastick at #BritMumsLive
As some of you will know, my mummy is heading to BritMums Live in London this weekend. It’s a massive conference for parenting and lifestyle bloggers. Sadly I cannot make it, I have a prior engagement with Daddy and CBeebies. *I’ve been waiting weeks for some daddy and daughter only time*
However, my mummy didn’t want me missing out on all the fabulous updates and photo opportunities with other bloggers. So….she is taking me with her….on a stick! Yes, you heard me correctly…my mummy is printing out my face and putting me on a home-made selfie stick so I can appear in all her photos on the days she’s hobnobbing with other bloggers.
I’m sure my mummy will catch up with me when she returns on Sunday to give me a debrief of the conference, what I missed, who was there etc..
So if you see my mummy walking around with a baby face sticking out of her bag…come over and say hi and get your photo taken with me!
Next time I’ll hopefully get to meet you all, but as I can’t string a sentence together yet…its probably for the best (unless you can translate toddler speak).
My mummy will see some of you later!
Love Baby Isabella
AKA Baby on a Stick.
My mummy is going to BritMums Live!
Dear mummy, Eeek! What have you got yourself into now…..?
You’ve only gone and won yourself a ticket to BritMums Live 2015! Bloomin Eck! Well done mummy, however slightly jealous I won’t be coming! We came runners-up in the Bella Bathrooms Blogging Competition and won tickets to BritMums Live 2015 and some spending money, which my mummy has already spent on little ol’ me! We were both so chuffed to win and our little blog to be recognised.
Dawn Cameron (@dear_mummy) caught our attention with her blog “Our Monochrome Magic Bathroom” due to the clever writing angle she used. This blog was written from her little girl Bella’s (ironically!!) perspective who wished to create that relaxing haven for her mummy to retreat to. Bella definitely had some wonderful bathroom ideas a lot of mums would appreciate!
By James Chapman who works for Bella Bathrooms
This is the first time my mummy has been to BritMums Live and she’s a bit nervous having been to BlogFest14 and not really having good time there. Oh dear. She hopes this blogging conference will be a bit different…in a good way. She’s a bit more confident in her blogging abilities and has come out of her shell a bit too.
So mummy, being a bit late to the party, with only 2 weeks to go to the event, it’s best you share what you look like before you end up looking like a numpty in the corner nursing a drink on your own. Here’s my mummy. You can’t really miss her! Those black geeky glasses can be seen a mile away. If you see her just say ‘hi’ she won’t bite you, she’s just as nervous as you are!
Name – Dawn Cameron-Hollyer (AKA Baby Isabella)
Blog – Dear Mummy Blog
Twitter ID – @dear_mummy
Height – 5’6
Hair – Jet Black
Eyes – Blue
Distinguishing marks – Unicorn tattoo on left wrist
Is this your first blogging conference? This is my mummy’s second blogging conference, the first didn’t go so well… you can read about it here.
Are you attending both days? Hopefully yes, provisions have been made and there are some great speakers on the second day too.
What are you most looking forward to at BritMums Live 2015? My mummy is actually looking forward to the Insta-Walk on the Friday at 12:00, before the event starts with @
What are you wearing? Black. My mummy always wears her black skinnies, band tee and a pair of vans.
What do you hope to gain from BritMums Live 2015? My mummy would like to meet new friends and connect with brands.
Do you have any tips to pass on to others who may not have been before? Nope. She’ll be worrying before the event that no-one will speak to her, so a friendly smile is good to break the ice. My mummy is very nervous you see without her baby sidekick. We think it’s a great idea that @ is doing an Insta-Walk before the event, it means my mummy can just jump off the train and meet the other bloggers under the London Eye. It gives her the opportunity to say hello without being in a pressurised room and take some cool photos.
So now we’ve shared with you, is anyone else going on the Insta-Walk or going to be at BritMums Live on the Friday so she can track you down and say hi? The full BritMums Live agenda has been posted and it looks awesome!
She’s looking forward to seeing some of our online friends and saying hello 🙂
I’d love if you give her a gentle prod or a friendly smile 🙂
Love Bella and her very nervous mummy.