A toddler free day!
We had a hectic bank holiday weekend, so my mummy was prudent and booked off a ‘buffer’ day before she went back to work.
This was her rest day. A day where she just kicked back and relaxed. It was her bank holiday in lieu.
On Tuesday the weather was wet and miserable. It was dark in the house and she snuggled up on the sofa.
While people were busy commuting to work she was in her pjs and under a rug. She was happy that she made the decision to book the time of work and recharge her batteries.
She reflected on how lucky she was to have the opportunity to do this. A toddler and work free day, a break from the daily grind.
This is what she got up to.
1) She stayed in her PJs….ALL DAY! Lazy sod 😉
2) She had the chance to eat a full breakfast without having my little fingers pinch the red berries out of her cereal.
3) She watched some epic films including American Beauty, Wolf on Wall Street and Cloud Atlas.
4) She pottered aimlessly around the house getting side tracked – she spent an hour sorting out my clothes in my room!
5) She actually sat down with a cup of hot tea and read some of her book!
6) She managed to have a hot bath.
7) She watched some more telly and caught up on the news.
8) She surfed the Internet and did a little bit of blogging.
9) She organised herself, writing her lists and laying out clothes.
10) She caught up on sleep and dozed on the sofa…bliss!
When was the last time you had some ‘you’ time?
This post was inspired by one of my mummy’s #SoMum Twitter parties run by the fabulous Pippa@StoryofMum
The aim of the Story of Mum excercise was to say ‘yes’ to what she needed. This month my mummy needed some ‘me’ time at home x
How would you spend your ‘alone’ time?
The next #somum make date is on the 20th May 2015 – why don’t you pop over and have a look 🙂